Diplomas will be available immediately after commencement at the Whitney Complex. The Office of Student Records and Graduate Studies staff will release diplomas only upon proper presentment of an Alcorn Goldcard, state-issued I.D., or driver’s license.
Platform and VIP guests will park in the VIP section of the stadium.
Marshals and commencement staff will park in the reserve section of the stadium.
Graduates and faculty will park in the new parking area located next to the Research and Extension Complex.
Guest parking will be available in the reserve tailgating section of the stadium, the Center for Ecology and Natural Resources, Willie Mae Latham Taylor Park, Extension and Research Complex, Jesse A. Morris Sr./W.C. Boykin Agricultural Science Building and the K.L. Simmons Sr. Technology Building.
Persons with mobility concerns will park:
- At the David L. Whitney HPER Complex if you are planning to sit on the visitor’s side of the stadium
- In the Reserved Parking at the Marino Casem stadium if you are planning to sit on the home side of the stadium
Every reasonable effort will be made to hold Commencement as planned in the Jack Spinks-Marino Casem Stadium on Sat., May 14. In the event that weather or other unforeseen circumstances arise, Alcorn State University will amend the location to the Davey L. Whitney HPER Complex. A weather-related announcement will be made no later than Friday, May 13.
Commencement start times will remain as scheduled. The Ray Johnson Auditorium, Extension, and Research Complex, and the James L. Bolden Campus Union Ballroom will be designated as overflow areas.
The University will announce implementation of the inclement weather plan as follows.
- The University’s homepage and commencement website
- The University’s social media platforms (Facebook and Youtube)
- Email blast will be sent to the campus community via Alcorn News (firstname.lastname@example.org)